This article was originally on Dice. For many developers, 2018…
Why would you do it? What’s so great about digital careers? Well, coming straight from digital people, EVERYTHING! Simply put: it’s the feeling that your daily work is shaping the future. Literally! The digital industry is designed for the next generation, the generation after that, and so on. We’re talking about a global movement that is changing every second, and being a part of the change, as it’s actually happening, is a very rewarding feeling. Now let’s talk facts and discover your options in the digital arena!
Table of Contents
How does a digital job look like
There are so many exciting jobs when it comes to choosing a digital career. But what’s a job in digital really about? Does it mean you need to know how to code? Well, it’s surely helpful, but no. That’s not a must! Tech businesses don’t just need Coders and Developers, they also need Digital Marketers, Project Managers, Data Analysts, and Graphic Designers. That’s how a business can be successful nowadays. Long story short, you have lots of opportunities and appealing choices, you just need to find out what you’re interested in.
Is Graphic Design your thing?
Then there’s a wide pool of possibilities for you.
Do you love to sketch, draw, paint, give life to ideas with pen and paper? You’ve also got good computer skills? Then you might be on the right track. Graphic designers work in the commercial art industry – web design, advertising, marketing, and branding. Get more info on the topic and find out where to start, secrets to evolve, tools, and career options from our article on this subject.
Do you love Coding?
You got it made! Software development is a hot career pick.
Do you see yourself as a problem-solving mind? Then you are the one for this type of job. Some technical roles you could consider are web, applications, gaming or software development, and testing. So many online resources to improve your skills, so many books to explore, and so many projects to develop. Read more about your job opportunities, how to learn faster, which online resources to use and what this career can offer you here, in this related article.
What about Digital Marketing?
Now there’s a challenge that requires a digital overview.
The average internet browser sees links, graphics, and information. A digital marketing person sees the people behind all this data. Does it sound like you? Then you could master a role in advertising or sales, business development, e-commerce, project management, analytics, SEO or social media. You can find out more in this article. It explains what you can do to grow your skills, highlights the hottest jobs in Digital Marketing, and comes in handy with free online resources to make you irreplaceable in the digital industry.
So, what’s so great about working in digital?
Plenty of opportunities. And that’s something to look for. The technology market is growing so quickly that there aren’t enough applicants with the right skill set for their roles. That’s why they are so well paid. Digital jobs are the most in-demand jobs out there nowadays. So we thought about it and made this topped-up-with-good-things list about digital careers. Let’s delve a little on this topic…
- Everything about digital jobs is… well, digital. It means your whole work is on the internet. You can access it from anywhere, anytime. This is the future!
- It’s never “same old, same old”. The digital industry is ever evolving and that brings you in a daily carousel of new challenges. Say Goodbye to boredom!
- You can learn everything online, starting with the basics, reaching the top. Some developers and designers have no actual background when they start to learn code and they make it to actual practice in 3 months. It’s amazing how many online courses, books, forums, videos, and related information you can find online. No need for expensive training!
- You’ve got your freedom. With the huge strides in technology we’ve all seen in the last couple of years, there’s no longer the need for a physical office. Most employers let you work from another city, another country, another continent. This leads to freedom and flexibility for you and that’s something a lot a people crave for these days and one of the reasons many choose to have a career in digital. You can make your own rules!
- Your digital skills have an increasing value as digital jobs are becoming more important. This means high demand and high pay. Oh yes, money is no object when it comes to hiring great talent!
- Excitement is a good word to describe it. Working in digital will take you to the forefront of research, discovery, development, and innovation. You can be part of an industry that shifts the way the world works. You have the power to change things for the better!
One rule though: keep learning.
The only must in digital is to stay on top of trends and always gather useful insights.
But how do you do that? With everything changing around you, how do you dig into all the information and choose what’s relevant and new? There is one place and one way top leaders communicate their news. Twitter! This is one good way to stay in touch with the best and most reliable information and brush up your existing knowledge. Find out what people in the digital industry do and discover what grinds your gears. There is life after books and online resources. There’s so much to learn directly from these trendsetters.
There is so much room for you in the digital industry. You’ll always find opportunities to grow and thrive. Whenever you feel you’ve hit a wall, find something new to sink your teeth into. It never gets boring. So, go ahead, leave your digital mark in this world!
Don’t forget! Create your Digitaljob profile and subscribe to our newsletter. We’ll send you cool stuff to help you decide and stay on top of digital career trends. And that’s not all! Time is everything these days, so you’ll receive only career opportunities that match your career level and goals. Let’s do this, go big in digital! We’ve got your back.